Monday, February 21, 2011

our new OB



the second time i was advised by dr. R to go on bed rest, my french boss suggested i get a second opinion as i was feeling panicky about the situation. not because i doubted dr. R, but a confirmation of her diagnosis will give me a piece of mind.

after asking family and friends, we finally met dra. A. eventhough we had to go out of our way to go to her clinic in ortigas, it was worth it. she was very thorough - i was opened a file for my first visit. her assistant took my weight and blood pressure. she interviewed me and k about our medical histories and wrote it down. when she did an ultrasound, she also gave me a breast exam and internal exam. afterwhich, she explained why i was put on bed rest, what are the things to avoid, pregnancy 101, etc. that initial consultation lasted more than an hour. and though we waited for 2 hours, we still love her! :)

dra. A was more personal. she took time to examine me, explain lots of things, and allowed us to ask questions. di sya nagmamadali. she already had me when she said, "ano sabi ng nag-refer sayo? strikto daw ako? well, that's because i want the best for my patient."

so, eventhough we have to pay cash for every visit (di accredited sa kanya ang van breda), we'd still go out of our way to see her. first impressions last, and k and i are sure that she will take very good care of me and baby kr. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment