Wednesday, August 18, 2010

15 minutes

that's all it took me to get to work today. no, make that 10. i woke up at 6:45 am, left at 7:25. no breakfast. i was a bad girl last night, indulged myself with fries, black angus burger, and banoffee pie. i'm supposed to be on a diet, and have been very good to my body for 2 days. absolutely no sweets, only fish and fresh fruits and veggies. sheesh. so i will have a slim fast drink this morning haha. and back to my diet.

wait, i'm rambling. 2 stoplights. that's all it takes to get to work. and i'm very thankful. i love where i live, and i love where i work.

but all that's going to change. starting today. because today, we finalize the land deal and sign all the papers. today, k and i will be surrendering our hard-earned savings to mr. marcelino ecle, who will make us owners of a lot where we will build our dream home.

and in a few months, my daily commute to work will never be the same. because we're going to live further from the metro. 15 minutes will be impossible (unless i get my own helicopter). by then, it would probably take me 45 minutes, or an hour, give or take.

i'm a city girl. and for the longest time, i refuse to live more than 30 minutes away from my work place. i used to live in paranaque and worked in ortigas. it took me hours to get to work and back. never again. imagine all that time i have been wasting, sleeping in the car or the bus. i had no energy when i got home and just went straight to bed. then i had to leave really early the next morning. what a cycle.

i know some people are used to this kind of set-up. k tells me he left for school/work at 5:00 am every morning when he was still living with his parents. and i admire their tenacity. but it's just not me. i would move heaven and earth to live closer to where i study or work.

but then again, i can always change my mind. :) i have been convinced that i will survive an hour's commute to and from work. it won't be that bad, k says. OK.

we'll see. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment