Tuesday, May 8, 2012

my first baking class

i love baking. my mama enjoyed baking yummy goodies (she made us birthday cakes!) and i assisted her when i was still small. i guess i caught the baking bug from her. :) i never went to baking school, but i could follow recipes and made my own cupcakes, cookies, brownies at home in roxas and here in manila. after this baking class, i was able to bake the 3 cakes we did at the baking studio successfully at home. hurray! :) k told me i may not need to attend a class since i can already bake edible stuff (heehee) but i said i needed to learn the techniques and see how the pros do it. so i signed up for ingrid's sweet haven's baking class 101 last 14 april with the following course outline: ----- basic cakes and icings 14 april 2012, 9am to 6pm sumptuous chocolate cake with choco fudge icing, mocha chiffon with dulce de leche whipped cream, and butter cake with boiled icing ----- k was very supportive and drove me to the studio that morning.
here is chef ingrid, our instructor.
everything is hands on. i tell ya, baking classes are F-U-N! :)
the big ass oven
our chocolate cakes are done!
another expert showing us how to put the dulce de leche icing in the middle of the two cakes
me giving it a go (so easy!)
still me, working on the mocha cake batter :)
here, they're showing us how to make boiled icing
our mocha chiffon cakes fresh out of the oven!
and our butter cake, too!
my classmate, j (small world, she's a food supplier in the office!)
our group mate icing our butter cake
butter cake with lemon icing!
mocha cake in action
ang mga sundo ko, who surprised me! :)
with my group mates and chef ingrid
my take home portion :)
the graduates!
i got to practice the weekend after, and here are my finished goodies: mocha cake with dulce de leche icing
butter cake with boiled icing
yum! i can't wait to attend my next baking class (which is this saturday!)! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment